If by any chance a banana lasts long enough in our household to start developing brown patches daddy will always ask ” are you going to make me a banana cake?”
The other week a couple of these sad looking bananas appeared and luckily, for daddy, Tink and I were looking for a Wednesday afternoon activity. So one banana cake coming.
So there you have it one yummy and sort of healthy banana cake. It’s that easy and here is the recipe to prove it.
4oz /110g Self Raising Flour
2oz/55g Wholemeal Flour
pinch of baking powder
2oz/55g soft margarine
3oz/80g Caster sugar
2 tbsp milk
2 ripe banana
dash of Vanilla Essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- heat the oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4 and grease a circular 20cm/8″ cake tin.
- Mash the banana
- beat the egg
- cream the margarine with the sugar and add vanilla essence.
- Gradually add the egg and milk to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the flour.
- beat in the banana and sultanas.
- spoon into the tin.
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Ta da….