Ok, just a couple of days to go until I’m running 26.2 miles around London, yes that’s right I’m running the London Marathon. Please support me and this amazing Charity TACT ,The Adolescent and Child Trust that I’m raising funds for. All the funds raised will go towards important services that TACT provide for children and adolescents that are living within the care system. They also provide much required support for families and children post adoption, something I wish I’d had access to at times. Here’s an idea of some of the services they provide…
- Individual counselling sessions – £20 will pay for an individual counselling session for either a parent or child.
- Leaving care mentors – £20 will pay for a session with a mentor. TACT provides mentoring support to young people preparing to leave care by people who have already left care themsleves. TACT mentors are able to provide support, advice and guidance and most importantly life experience as they have previously gone through the process of leaving care and the transition into adulthood.
- Children’s activities – £65 will pay for a whole day of activities for a child or young person. Our activity days allow children to take part in activities such as raft building, high rope walking, water sports and wall climbing.
- Post adoption support services – £600 will provide ten specialist therapeutic sessions for a family with adopted children. These sessions involve the entire family, while allowing for consultation with the parent/s and individual workshops for the child/ren.
- Skills4Life – £2000 will pay for TACT to run our Skills4Life training workshops. This course is aimed at young people aged 14-18 who may require addition support in preparing to leave care and become independent. The five workshops cover Money matters, Social Skills, Health and Well being, the transition to becoming independent, employment skills and managing the home.
So please be generous and help provide these much need services and make a donation here…